- Install 4T Tray Minimizer
- Start up your magicjack. Leave the softphone on the screen.
- Start up 4t, and click the add button as shown below.
- now drag the icon below on top of your sofphone
- Step 3 will have filled in all of the data to the form above.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Now magicjack runs as a service, is completely invisible, starts up automatically on boot, and I don't need fast-user switching enabled, thus it takes up no memory caused by virtual desktop programs or autosizer, and has 0 focus problems.
Here is my current step by step to get this setup ->
1. Download rktools.exe
2. Extract it.
3. Create a user account named "magicjack", temporarily assign admin privilege. Also create a password for this account.
4. Login as “magicjack”, and install the magicjack under this profile.
5. Install the magicjack as a service, using the tutorial
After you create the service, if you export the registry value from regedt32.exe, it should look similar to this ->
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
"Application"="c:\\Documents and Settings\\magicjack\\Application
Note: the ImagePath string value is really something like "c:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\srvany.exe"
6. Delete the two cdloader entries for MagicJack in the registry. Using regedt32.exe, logging in from both of your user accounts, delete this entry from ->
7. Change the magicjack user account to be a user account instead of an admin account.
Notes: Now, when I did this the magicjack service still wouldn't start, so I went to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services->MagicJack and tried to start the service from there, but I got this error ->
"Could not start the service on Local Computer. Error 1069: The service
did not start due to a logon failure"
So, I went to the log on tab (still in the magic jack service tab) and put in the password, and everything works beautifully!
Back to top
Sunday, November 25, 2007
You can also set your caller id to any other number to fool your friends!
Monday, November 12, 2007
Many of the previous posters from the original magicJack forum have now joined and can help you with any issues or questions you have about the magicJack product
The easiest way to uncover your MagicJack SIP information is to use Fiddler.
Since all MagicJack passwords are very simple, you could also very easily brute force them using cain, although this technique is a bit more involved than using fiddler.
There are a few other techniques you could use as well, but most of these involve exploiting some of the gaping security holes in the MagicJack, and should probably be discussed offline...
Sunday, November 11, 2007
If your magicJack is pointing to the following proxy:
and you want to change it to:
Ping proxy1.newyork.talk4free.com to get the IP address
Now just add the folowing entry to your windows hosts file
Note: magicJack has many proxy servers to choose using the following naming order:
Friday, November 2, 2007
MagicJack used to have a public chatroom, but they recently removed it. Follow these instructions to join the community chat!
edit c:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and insert the lines:
- 188.8.131.52 www.magicjack.com
- 184.108.40.206 magicjack.com
(The first entry allows you to get to the real MagicJack site, and the second lets you get into the chat. The underlying chat software checks referrers, so we add these entries to spoof the referrers.)
flush your dns cache by running:
Now just join the chat: http://magicjack.com/chat/
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Replace "user" with correct path and "F:" with with the proper MagicJack "Phone" drive letter
Other arguments for magicJack can be found in the SJPhone Users Guide